On June 13th, I took Benjamin and Brittney fishing for their first times. Benjamin was pretty excited to go, he was in the backyard practicing his casting the night before. I woke Benjamin up early in the morning and we grabbed our stuff and headed over to Grandpa Colt's house so we could all ride together.We went to Park Center Pond first, but evidently everyone else had the same idea. There was quite a few people there and only one or two of them actually caught anything. After several hours of not getting so much as a nibble we decided to pack it in.
I was pretty bummed that Benjamin was not able to catch his first fish, but on the way home we decided to try a place called Wilson Springs Pond in Nampa. On the way out to Nampa we stopped and picked up Brittney. By the time we got out to Wilson Springs Pond it had started raining, so I had to leave my camera gear in the truck. :-(
As it turns out we made a good choice to head out to Nampa because we ended up catch 6 rainbow trout: Benjamin caught 2, Brittney caught 1, I caught 1, and Grandpa caught 2 (technically 4, but he let Benjamin and Brittney each reel them in). We definitely had a great, something we'll be doing a lot more of! Below are some pictures from the trip, but only from the Park Center Pond because I didn't have my camera with me at Wilson Springs Pond.
1 comment:
How fun! Did you fry your fish up and eat them? I love that picture of Brittney! She looks so beautiful! I'm so excited to see you guys next week! Lots of love!!!
Post a Comment