Friday, January 30, 2009

Benjamin is 6 years old

It's hard for me to believe (and accept) that my little superman is 6 years old already. As a child I never understood why I would hear adults make comments like "where does all the time go", or "you're just growing up way to fast", and "I can't believe you are ___ years old already". Now, after having kids of my own I understand with such clarity these comments.

After the last couple of days Benjamin can cross off two milestones, he lost his first tooth the day before his birthday and he turned 6, which means he can no longer count his age on just one hand.

I remember when I turned six and thinking how big and grown up I must be because I had to show people how old I was with both hands -- Where does all the time go...

For Benjamin's birthday I took donut holes to his kindergarten class and had the opportunity to go to library with him and listen to a story. Luckily the librarian was able to finish the story before the fire alarm went off.

After the library and fire drill we went back into his classroom where he was crowned with his special birthday crown and he was told to pick 6 kids (since he turned 6) to be his candles (he is blowing them out at the end of the video). I didn't know they did anything like this in his class or else I would have brought my nice camera, however, in an effort to get 'something' I took some pictures and the video below with my cell phone.

Happy 6th birthday Superman!

Benjamin's First Tooth

Blowing out his candle

Benjamin getting his crown

Benjamin in his class



2 comments:

Mamma Colt said...

Oh!! that is so good what you wrote, he is a very lucky and loved little boy, fortunate to have you as his daddy, you are a good one. He is my little sweetheart.

Tilly said...

I'm glad Ben had a great birthday! It was so fun to see those pictures and watch the video. Tell him congrats on loosing his very first tooth! That is so exciting! He's getting so big. Let him know I love him and give him a big squeeze for me.